Policies on this page pertain to UO undergraduates, Community Education students, and students and staff from institutions with which we have reciprocal circulation agreements. (Students at Bushnell University see Oregon Card Program Borrowing).
Your UO ID card is your library card. Visiting students will need to show photo ID and log in to their institutional accounts to borrow.
- You are responsible for knowing the due date of library material that is checked out to you, and for returning material on time
- All items are subject to recall by other library users at any time, including breaks between terms; if a recall shortens your loan period you will receive an email notification
- Borrowing-related notifications are sent to your institutional email address (@uoregon.edu)
- Books: 6 weeks
- AV material: 6 days
- Bound journals: 6 days
- Summit material: 6 weeks
- Interlibrary Loan material: Due date determined by the lending library
- Course Reserves and equipment loans: 2 hours to 7 days
- Video Games and associated hardware: until 3pm on the third day
- Renewals: Eligible material will renew automatically unless requested by another user
- When maximum loan period has been reached, users will receive a courtesy email notification
Fees and Overdue Fines
- Books and Summit or ILL material: $.50/day
- AV material: $2/day
- Recalled material: $5/day
- Equipment and other short loans: varies
- Course Reserves material: $3/hour
- Video Game materials: $2/hour
- Damaged or lost items: Repair or replacement charge plus accrued fines plus $20 non-refundable service charge
- Library fines and fees are applied to your UO Billing account in DuckWeb every Sunday
- If you believe library charges have accrued on your account in error, or you were unable to return items on time due to extenuating circumstances, you may appeal those charges using this form. Submissions will be reviewed by library staff and you can expect a response within one week.
Need help? Contact Us.