Special Collections & University Archives
Spring Term Hours:
March 28 through June 10
Monday - Friday: 10 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday: 11 am - 4:30 pm
- Symposium: "Not Your Romantic Indian: Indigenous Photography and the Edward Curtis Legacy," February 25 (rsvp)
- Honoring Black Heritage Month
- Tiptree Symposium: December 4 - 5, 2015
- History of Graduation at UO (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- The Origin of Greek Life at the UO
- James Blue Papers to Permanently Reside at UO Libraries
- Edward S. Curtis: The North American Indian: Are you interested in finding out more about these volumes or would like to come and view them? An appointment in advance is required -- find out full details here.
- See past events and all news on our blog.
Reference & Use Requests
- Use our form to submit requests for research or use permission. We require all requests be written via email, fax or letter. Requests made by phone have to be transcribed.
- Timely requests: Some collections require advance notice to be made available.
- Off-site items may take up to two weeks to transport and review.
- Architectural drawings (especially for Saturday viewing) must be requested 72 hours in advance.
- Glass-plate negatives, early manuscripts and other extremely fragile or high-value items require confirmed appointments. Walk-in requests may be accommodated if there is sufficient staffing.
- On Saturdays, confirmed prior appointments are required for early manuscripts, glass-plate negatives, architectural drawings
- Before using these materials, a reference interview is highly recommended
- Traveling? Please contact us before planning a trip so we can confirm our hours and make sure the collections you need are available when you arrive. Our schedule is subject to change.