Policies on this page pertain to current UO faculty & staff, faculty & staff who have formally retired from the university, and faculty from institutions with which we have reciprocal circulation agreements.
Your UO ID card is your library card. Visiting faculty will need to show photo ID and log in to their institutional accounts to borrow.
UO faculty may name a proxy to checkout materials in their name.
- You are responsible for knowing the due date of library material that is checked out to you, and for returning material on time
- All items are subject to recall by other library users at any time, including breaks between terms; if a recall shortens your loan period you will receive an email notification
- Borrowing-related notifications are sent to your institutional email address (@uoregon.edu)
- Books: 6 months
- AV material: 6 days
- Bound journals: 6 days
- Summit material: 6 weeks
- Interlibrary Loan material: Due date determined by the lending library
- Course Reserves and equipment loans: 2 hours to 7 days
- Video Games: 6 weeks
- Videogame hardware: until 3pm on the third day
- Renewals: Eligible material will renew automatically unless requested by another user
- When maximum loan period has been reached, users will receive a courtesy email notification
Fees and Overdue Fines
- Summit or ILL material: $.50/day
- AV material: $2/day
- Recalled material: $5/day
- Equipment and other short loans: varies
- Course Reserves material: $3/hour
- Video Games: $2/day
- Videogame hardware: $2/hour
- Damaged or lost items: Repair or replacement charge plus accrued fines plus $20 non-refundable service charge
- Library charges may be appealed using this form. Submissions will be reviewed by library staff and you can expect a response within one week
Need help? Contact Us.