The Mimi Vollstedt Internship is made possible through the Maryruth “Mimi” Vollstedt Student Internship Endowment Fund. The purpose of the internship is to provide one or more graduate students earning a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (or its equivalent) through an accredited education program seeking valuable professional experience through a paid internship in the UO Libraries.
Qualifications for the Mimi Vollstedt Internship
- Graduate students earning a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (or its equivalent) may apply.
Preference will be given to:
- Students focusing on law librarianship.
Current Internship Opportunities
DREAM Lab Digital Pedagogy Specialist
How Do I Apply for this Opportunity?
- Consult the list of current internship opportunities above (when available).
- Complete theMimi Vollstedt Intern Application Form for a specific position or positions. Deadline to apply is September 15, 2021 at 9pm.
- Send completed application form, a brief cover letter stating your interest in the position, a current resume, and list of three references to Evey Lennon, Associate Vice Provost & University Librarian for Central Services to email@example.com by the deadline.
- Hiring decisions will be made by the end of September 2021.
The hourly rate is determined by the nature of the work assignment and recommendation of the hiring supervisor, and in conjunction with the Libraries' Human Resources policies and procedures to establish consistency. Check each posting.
When Do Mimi Vollstedt Internships Take Place?
Most appointments are made to coincide with UO quarters: fall, winter, and spring. See upcoming UO term and intersession schedules. If you are attending a program at a school on a different schedule, you may propose a different schedule that matches your own term.
Agreement and Commitment
Being part of the Mimi Vollstedt Internship is an agreement and commitment of your time and effort, as well as that of the host supervisor, who will provide a quality mentorship opportunity. The goal of the Vollstedt Internship is to provide an enriching career experience that helps shape your academic future! You will be asked by Library Development to correspond with the donor at the conclusion of the assignment.