Special Collections and University Archives (SCUA) will loan original material for exhibitions to institutions that are accredited by the American Alliance of Museums (AAM) and meet their specific criteria for climate control, material handling, and security. Please complete this exhibition request form to initiate the process. Questions may be directed to our reference email.
Lending Criteria and Fees:
1. Loans from the UO Libraries Special Collections and University Archives for exhibitions are made to American Alliance of Museums (AAM) accredited institutions only.
2. All requests for loans from the collection are to be accompanied by loan agreements and a standard AAM facilities report for all exhibiting venues.
3. All borrowing institutions must meet AAM standards in regards to security, lighting and environmental controls, climate controls, standard fire prevention, as well as seismic standards where applicable.
4. All borrowing institutions must present proof of insurance for the valuations specified by the SCUA for door to door coverage for all specified venues.
5. All borrowing institutions must assume all costs for transportation to and from all agreed upon venues, to include all shipping, crating, packing costs, and all courier costs, including all airfare, transportation and accommodations for SCUA staff to accompany out going pictorial items when deemed necessary by the UO Libraries.
6. The UO Libraries has the right to refuse any requests and rescind all loan agreements if the standards and criteria originally agreed upon are not met by the borrowing institution.
7. The following fees will apply to defray administrative and staff costs to the UO Libraries: $350 per item per venue. All fees are payable to the UO Libraries. All payments are to be made in advance.