Reasons to Submit Your Work to Scholars' Bank
Advantages for students to submit to Scholars' Bank :
- With the support of a faculty member or academic department, Scholars' Bank provides a forum for student work that would otherwise be hard to locate or completely unavailable to the general public.
- Scholars' Bank provides a unique, stable URL for each work that can be cited and included in future job or graduate school applications.
- Every work is archived and preserved at no cost to students or their home departments.
- Submissions are indexed in Scholars' Bank and available on the Web immediately after approval.
- Availability on the web through Scholars' Bank is much faster than the existing process for making theses or other work available through the Libraries, UMI/ProQuest, or a departmental web site or database.
- Text-based materials are indexed automatically so that the full text is searchable.
- Google, Google Scholar and other similar services routinely harvest information from Scholars' Bank and add links to their indexes so that works submitted here may also be found through searches on the open Web.
- Submissions are immediately date-stamped, marking the content as having been created by the student on the date of submission.
- Students may select their own keywords or terms to describe the subject of their work.
- Work will join of the collection of student work that has already been established in Scholars' Bank
If you prefer to have your thesis or other work submitted for you or if you need assistance in the submission process, please contact the Institutional Repository Manager.