Policies on this page pertain to borrowers who participate in the Oregon Card Program, as well as students, staff, and faculty at Bushnell University.
UO Libraries offers borrowing privileges to Oregon residents 16 years and older through the Oregon Card Program (proof of age and current mailing address required when registering). Photo ID must be presented when borrowing materials. Lee la página del Programa de Tarjeta Oregon en español.
Through a reciprocal agreement, UO Libraries offers borrowing privileges to employees and students at Bushnell University. When you register as borrower at UO Libraries, bring your current student or employee ID card with the current term's sticker affixed to the card.
- You are responsible for knowing the due date of library material that is checked out to you, and for returning material on time
- All items are subject to recall by other library users at any time, including breaks between terms; if a recall shortens your loan period you will receive an email notification
- Borrowing-related notifications are sent to the e-mail address you provide when registering as a borrower.
- Books: 3 weeks
- Audio recordings: 6 days
- Videos: 4 hours (in-library use)
- Interlibrary Loan material (for Oregon Card Program borrows only): Due date determined by the lending library
- Course Reserves and equipment loans: 2 hours to 7 days
- Renewals: Eligible material will renew automatically unless requested by another user
- When maximum loan period has been reached, users will receive a courtesy email notification
- Up to 10 items checked out
- Up to 10 holds on items checked out to other borrowers
Fees and Overdue Fines
- Interlibrary Loan fee (Oregon Card Program): $15 per successful request plus any copyright or other charges assessed by the lending library
- Overdue Books and ILL material: $.50/day (2/15/2023: ILL is only available to current UO employees and students at this time.)
- Overdue audio recordings: $2/day
- Overdue recalled material: $5/day
- Overdue equipment: Varies
- Overdue course reserves material: $3/hour
- Damaged or lost items: Repair or replacement charge plus $20 service charge
If you believe library charges have accrued on your account in error, or you were unable to return items on time due to extenuating circumstances, you may Appeal Library Fines or Fees. Submissions will be reviewed by library staff and you can expect a response within one week.