What are reserves?
Reserves are materials required for coursework that are placed in specially designated areas within the library and given shortened loan periods. Course reserves include library- and instructor-owned books, videos, audio recordings, and other relevant materials in support of classroom instruction.
Where are the reserve collections?
- Design Library
- Document Center, Knight Library
- Checkout & Reserves Desk, Knight Library
- Law Library
- Math Library
- Oregon Institute of Marine Biology
- Portland Library and Learning Commons
- Science Library
How can I tell what is on reserve for a certain course?
Select the Course Reserves tab at the top of any library webpage and then search by either instructor's name or by course to find titles and call numbers of materials on reserve for your class.
I need to watch a reserve videotape and don't have a VCR, where can I watch it? A few of us need to view the videotape together, is there a room we can use?
- Individual viewing:
- 4 viewing stations in the Microforms area, near the Technology Help Desk on the first floor of Knight Library
- Group viewing: Room 365A Knight Library 3rd floor
What are the fines for overdue reserve items?
$3.00 per hour or portion thereof
I'm teaching a class. How do I put materials on reserve?
See our page of course reserve information for faculty.
Science/Math Libraries Reserves: Lara Nesselroad 541-346-2664
Portland Library and Learning Commons Reserves: firstname.lastname@example.org 503-412-3671