Course Reserves: Faculty Information
Beginning Spring Term 2021, UO Libraries will resume limited Course Reserve services. Loan periods will be standardized across all locations, with items due at closing the same day they are loaned. See our Hours & Locations Page for each library's closing time.
Instructors may also submit requests to have print material scanned that is required for remote teaching and learning. Scanned material is made available through ILLiad, and can be shared with students via Canvas. Please note, we are only able to digitize print material (no AV) at this time. See our Scanning for Remote Teaching page to learn more about this service and submit requests.
Place Material on Course Reserves
- Instructors can place material on Course Reserves at any UO library.
- Use a Reserve Request List for personal or library owned material; deliver the form, along with any personal material, to any library Checkout desk.
- Use the electronic Course Reserves Form for library-owned materials. We will page material and process material for you.
- Use the Faculty/GE Course Reserves Order Form for items not already owned by the Libraries. New orders usually require six to eight weeks to acquire.
Types of Material
- With the exception of library-use-only material (e.g., Reference Collection), UO Libraries material may be placed on Course Reserves.
- Personal material (textbooks, course packets, videos, etc.) can also be placed on Course Reserves. UO Libraries is not responsible for material that is lost or damaged while on reserve. Please clearly label personal items so we can return them at the end of the term. We will need to put a barcode and call number sticker on each item.
- UO Libraries does not currently offer an Electronic Course Reserves service. Electronic material can be made available through Canvas. Please contact UO Online for assistance.
- Whenever possible, requests should be submitted two weeks before the beginning of the term to ensure material is ready for your students by the first week of class.
- After the first week of the term, our processing time is about two business days. Requests are processed in the order in which they are received.
- Use the Course Reserves Order Form if you need material purchased for reserve. These requests usually require six to eight weeks to process, so please plan accordingly.
- Reserve material is removed after each term, and instructor-owned items are returned via campus mail.
Course Reserves Contact Information
Design Library: Karen Chaix, 541-346-2203
Knight Library: Carina Kelson, 541-346-8273
Law Library: Hana Chan, 541-346-8271
Portland Library and Learning Commons: email@example.com, 503-412-3671
Science/Math Libraries: Sam Galli, 541-346-2658, or Lara Nesselroad, 541-346-2664