Douglass Room (Audio recording collection and Music resource desk)
Note: The Douglass Room is closed from June 15 through mid-August 2019 for remodeling.
The Douglass Room is located on the third floor of Knight Library (northwest corner)
Food and drink are not permitted in this room, to avoid potential damage to sensitive audiovisual equipment and MIDI keyboards.
- We are available to retrieve audio recordings whenever Knight Library is open.
- When room is closed (early morning and late evening) staff at the Knight Checkout & Reserves Desk may retrieve materials.
- Staff are happy to assist users in operating audio equipment.
- Music reference and research assistance available during peak hours.
- 11 Audio listening carrels and equipment for playing:
- Compact discs
- LP records
- Audio cassettes
- 3 Creative Musicians' Workstations
- Small group video viewing / audio listening room (2-8 people)
- Most audio recordings (if not on reserve)
- UO faculty, staff and students: 6 days; but with automatic renewals you may keep the material for up to 24 days (unless recalled by another borrower). Fines: $2/day.
- UO Alumni Association Members: 6 days, but with an automatic renewal, you may keep the item for a total of 24 days (unless recalled by another borrower). Fines: $2/day.
- Oregon Card borrowers: 6-day loan, plus one renewal. Fines: $2/day.
- Library-use only materials
- Some materials must must remain in the Douglass Room at all times