Douglass Room (Audio recording collection, Audio Production Studios, and Music Reference desk)
Note: We have reopened for Fall term 2021, but will not be up to full staffing and hours until Week 3. If you need audio materials at a time that the room is not open, please request them at the main checkout desk on the 1st floor of Knight Library. If you need music or dance research help, please contact Ann Shaffer, the Music and Dance Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Douglass Room is located in the northwest corner of the third floor of Knight Library.
The room is open whenever Knight Library is open. The Douglass service desk is staffed during peak hours, and we are happy to provide the services described below.
- Music reference and research assistance
- Assistance in locating materials in the Music Reference, score, and book collections
- Assistance in locating materials in the audio collection
- Assistance in operating audio equipment
- Assistance with Creative Musicians' Workstation computers
- Assistance with Audio Production Studios equipment
- Assistance with classroom technology in room 366
- Small equipment loans for in-house use with Douglass Room equipment (headphones, external CD/DVD drives, audio adapters and splitters)
- 4 Audio listening carrels and equipment for playing:
- Compact discs
- LP records (with USB connections)
- Audio cassettes
- Five Creative Musicians' Workstations
- Two reservable Audio Production Studios
- One reservable Music Seminar Classroom with video and audio equipment
- Open study area