Audio and Video Booking Information
Due to the closure of campus libraries, we have updated our options for receiving your requested materials. See this page for more information: https://library.uoregon.edu/pickup-delivery-remote-teaching
Booking Material for Classroom Use
UO Faculty and GTFs can book audio and video material for classroom use (instructions below). Booking requests should be submitted as far in advance as possible, but at least four business days before the expected use. Please consider shipping time when booking material that needs to travel to or from the Eugene main campus and OIMB/Portland campuses. Booking requests are submitted and confirmed via LibrarySearch.
Instructors who would like a student or assistant to pick up booked material on their behalf should contact a staff person at the appropriate checkout desk in advance. Faculty may also ask their library proxy to pick up material.
Audio and video items may be booked for up to six days. Items on course reserves may only be booked for four hours.
If you need classroom technology support or equipment please contact the Center for Media and Educational Technology.
- Locate the video or audio recording using LibrarySearch
- Click "Find in a library"
- Click "Request UO item"
- Select Request Type “Booking”
- Select a pickup location (Generally material must be picked up at the owning library, although booked material can be sent to/from the Eugene campus and OIMB/Portland campuses)
- Enter the date and time for pickup
- Enter the date and time by which you will return the material
- Optional: Enter any special instructions in the comments box
- Click “Request”
Booking for Distance Education Faculty
Distance Education Faculty may wish to book audio or video material for off-campus use. Please contact the Knight Checkout & Reserves desk at 541-346-3065 or email@example.com for assistance.