Requesting UO Material
Books and Audio Visual Material
Borrowers can request to have books and audio visual material paged and sent to a preferred branch library pickup location, an office (faculty only), or home (distance education faculty/students only). Requests are submitted through LibrarySearch, and material is generally available within 24 hours, excluding weekends.
- After locating an item in the catalog, click "Find in a Library" and then "Request UO Item."
- If an item is currently unavailable, it may be recalled following the same process. Eligible borrowers are encouraged to request unavailable items through Summit rather than recalling because they will be available more quickly.
- Some UO Libraries collections do not allow requesting. If that is the case, the option will not appear in LibrarySearch. You are welcome to visit the owing library to access the material.
Articles and Book Chapters
The UO Libraries offers a free "Document Delivery" service for UO faculty, students, and staff whereby journal articles and book chapters held in the print collection are scanned and made available through ILLiad. This service is also available for Oregon Card holders, members of the Alumni Association, and UO Associates for a $15 charge per fulfilled request. Material is generally provided within 24 hours, excluding weekends, and copyright limitations apply. Requests over 50 pages, or that amount to more than 20% of a work, generally cannot be fulfilled.
To submit a Document Delivery request:
- Click the "Document Delivery" button within an article record in LibrarySearch. You will be prompted to log in to ILLiad and the request form will auto-populate.
- Click the "FindText" button then "Document Delivery" within an article record in any of the library's electronic databases. You will be prompted to log in to ILLiad and the request form will auto-populate.
- Alternatively, and for book chapter requests, log in to ILLiad, click the "Place Request for Article" link, and fill out the request form. For book chapters, please indicate chapter number and/or title in the "article title" field.
- If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Resource Sharing office at 541-346-3055 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm. If you need assistance outside these hours, please call the Knight Library Checkout and Reserve Desk at 541-346-3065.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for or later uses a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. UO Libraries reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.