ILLiad Login - Current UO Employees and Student - Please note: ILLiad users will not be able to submit new requests after December 28, 2022. Please see note above for more information.
ILLiad Login - OR Card Holders, Alumni Association Members, & UO Associates - Please note: ILLiad users will not be able to submit new requests after December 28, 2022. Please see note above for more information.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Submit an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request if you need something that isn't available in the UO Libraries collection and we will try to get it for you.
Articles and book chapters generally arrive within 24 hours. Books and other physical material generally arrive within five days.
Please see the Requesting at UO Libraries research guide for instructions on how to submit an ILL request.
- UO Libraries subsidizes ILL borrowing fees for current UO faculty, students, and staff (up to $30 per request for students and staff, $60 per request for faculty). Costs greater than the subsidy are submitted to the requester for authorization before the request is filled.
- UO Libraries does not subsidize ILL borrowing fees for community borrowers, e.g., Alumni Association members and Oregon Card borrowers. There is a $15 processing fee per completed request as well as any fees charged by the lending library.
- There is not a set limit to the number of ILL requests that can be submitted; however, we may not be able to process and/or subsidize a large number of transactions simultaneously from any one individual. Please use ILL judiciously.
- Interlibrary Loan is for educational, curricular, and scholarly research needs. Please use the Popular Reading Collection or your local public library for recreational material.
- All ILL-related notifications are sent via e-mail.
- Because each request involves payment of lending fees, staff time at both the lending and borrowing libraries, and includes mailing costs, please be sure to pick up the material you requested when you're notified that it has arrived. If you find you don't need the material, please let us know as soon as possible so we can return it to the lending library.
- Due dates for ILL material are set by the lending libraries.
- Most ILL material is renewable but renewal requests must be approved bu the lending library. Renew material under My Loans in your LibrarySearch account.
- All ILL items are subject to recall by the lending library at any time, including breaks between terms. If a borrowed item is recalled you will receive an email notification that includes an updated due date.
- Lost/damaged ILL material is subject to fines and fees.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Resource Sharing office at 541-346-3055 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm. If you need assistance outside these hours, please call the Knight Library Checkout & Reserves Desk at 541-346-3065.
The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries are authorized to create a photocopy or other reproduction of copyrighted material for its patrons or the patrons of other libraries. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research. If a patron submits a request for and later uses a photocopy or reproduction provided by a library for purposes in excess of fair use, they may be liable for copyright infringement. UO Libraries reserves the right to refuse to submit duplication requests to other libraries if, in its judgement, fulfillment of the order would result in a violation of copyright law.