2017 Digital Wallpaper Design Competition
Open to all students - $300 Prize - See your design on 500+ computers throughout UO Libraries
Deadline: Friday, May 19, 2017, 5 p.m.
The UO Libraries is pleased to announce our annual contest to design new digital wallpaper for the library's workstations.
The winning design will be used on more than 500 computers throughout the libraries. The creator of the winning design will receive a $300 prize. The digital design contest is open to all current UO students.
Deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19, 2017. Multiple entries per student may be submitted.
Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name, current UO affiliation, a brief description of the piece, and preview of the image as an attached jpeg, with a resolution of 1680x1050. In the message, please include instructions on how to download, or otherwise obtain, the full Photoshop or Illustrator file, whether through Dropbox, ftp, website, etc.
ORIGINALITY: The design must be completely original and contain no copyrighted material.
- Entries will be judged by a committee of students, a faculty member, and library staff.
- For currently enrolled students, awards are given as scholarships, with $300 applied directly to the UO billing account.
- If the recipient has already graduated, the award is given as a cash prize.
- Winner retains copyright to their original work and grants UO Libraries nonexclusive rights to publish the work to UO Libraries workstation monitors, UO Libraries digital bulletin board system, UO Libraries social media channels, UO Libraries digital and print publications.
- Save the work as a .psd or .ai file with editable layers
- Save a copy of the work as .jpg file to attach in your submission email message.
- Multiple aspect ratios are needed:
- The wallpaper's 1" margins on the left, right, and bottom may be obscured by the operating system.
- The text and general location must remain the same. Font size, font family, color, and other stylistic elements may be adjusted to suit the artwork.
- The image, not including text, should be low-contrast so icons show up clearly.
- There must be space for a logout button icon to be placed in the top left corner.
- Also: A variant image with a visibly different layout or color scheme, with the Top Right "Authorized use only" text replaced by Top Right "Internet Kiosk" text.
Text needs to appear as per this example:
- Your data is deleted at Logout
- Save your data off the computer
- Logout or Reboot when finished
Authorized use only by current:
- UO Students
Top Right (Internet Kiosks):
- For all users
- Limit usage to 15 minutes