M. S. in Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
M. A., Art History, University of Georgia
B. F. A., Art, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Areas of Interest:
Information resources for the built environment; Visual arts digitization ; Regional art and architecture; Arts publishing, copyright
- University service: UO Framework Vision Project member, 2014-2015 ; Campus Planning Committee, 2013-15; UO Senate, 2013-17
- Books: World Architecture Index (a Choice Outstanding Academic title), Index to Italian Architecture, Henry Moore: Bibliography and Reproductions Index.
- Digital scholarship: Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon & the Pacific Northwest, creator/curator, 2008 to present; The Architecture of the University of Oregon, which won a 2005 ARLIS/NA publication award; consultant/collaborator, Building Oregon (mobile version)
- Visual Arts editor/bibliographer (2005 to present) of the online reference work, Resources for College Libraries (ALA/Bowker).
- Articles: "Portrait for the Librarian: Bibliographic Education for Students in Design Disciplines," in Ramey, Mary Ann, and Mary Reichel, editors, Theory into Practice: Conceptual Frameworks for Bibliographic Instruction (Littleton, Co.: Libraries Unlimited, 1987); "Fine Arts Periodicals as Selection Sources," Art Documentation; Bulletin of the Art Libraries Society of North America, v. 4, no. 3, Fall 1985, pp. 120-122; Book reviewer for Choice, 1990-2015.
- Current: Editor, Conference Proceedings, 2016 Art Libraries Society of North America Conference. Nominating Committee, Arts Section, Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Past, of significance: Association of Architecture School Librarians (president, 2009-10); Art Libraries Society of North America (president,1995-96), East Region representative (1989-90), and chair of ARLIS/NA Northwest (2001-3) and Southeast (1987) chapters. Association of College and Research Libraries Arts Section (chair, 2001). Society of Architectural Historians Marion Dean Ross Chapter (president, 2001-3, 2007-9)