Undergraduate Research Awards & Scholarships
Submit Papers & Projects
Deadline - December 11, 2017
The UO Libraries Undergraduate Research Awards reward students who demonstrate high-quality academic work and excellent library research skills.
Awards of $1,000 - $1,500 are given in the two categories listed below:
1) Single term papers and projects from a 300 level or above course
2) Theses or multi-term papers and projects
- Paper or project was produced in Winter 2017, Spring 2017, Summer 2017 or Fall 2017.
- Submissions must have a recommendation submitted online by the course instructor, thesis advisor, or project advisor.
- Currently enrolled University of Oregon undergraduates or recent graduates only.
- Single-term projects must be completed for an upper division (300 - 400 level) UO credit course.
- Theses and multi-term projects must be completed prior to submission and be connected to the UO curriculum.
* Student Application (attach all items listed below)
- Final research paper or project
- Abstract (100-150 words)
- Research Process & Scholarly Growth Essay
- Bibliography or References
- Acknowledgments Page
* Deadline & Process
- December 11, 2017 (11:59 pm)
- Applications are reviewed once a year by the Awards Committee (a panel of UO librarians and faculty).
- Currently enrolled students receive awards as scholarships; recent graduates receive a cash prize award.
- Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Copyright Information
- Authors retain the copyright to their work.
- Winning papers are deposited in the UO digital archive, Scholars' Bank
- See Scholars' Bank copyright policy for more information.
* Other Information
Previous Year Award Winners
Funded by the Milton C. and Barbara B. Sparks and Jon and Lisa Stine endowments, as well as gifts from Walter and Gretchen Barger