Undergraduate Research Awards & Scholarships
Submit Spring 2020 Papers & Projects for 2020-2021 Award
The UO Libraries Undergraduate Research Awards recognize students who demonstrate high-quality academic work and excellent library research skills.
Awards of $1,000 - $1,500 are given in the two categories:
- Single term papers and projects from a 300 level or above course
- Theses or multi-term papers and projects
- Paper or project was produced in spring 2020 through spring 2021.
- Submissions must have a recommendation submitted online by the course instructor, thesis advisor, or project advisor.
- Currently enrolled University of Oregon undergraduates or recent graduates only.
- Single-term projects must be completed for an upper division (300 - 400 level) UO credit course.
- Theses and multi-term projects must be completed prior to submission and be connected to the UO curriculum.
Access is limited to UO students. Use your DuckID to open the application form.
Attach all documents listed below.
- Final research paper or project - required
- Abstract (100-150 words) - required
- Research Process & Scholarly Growth Essay - required
- Bibliography or References - required
- Acknowledgments Page
Student Application Process
Winners are chosen once a year in May/June. The 2019-2020 Award applicants will be notified by June 30, 2020.
- Applications are reviewed once a year by the Awards Committee composed of UO librarians and faculty.
- Currently enrolled students receive awards as scholarships; recent graduates receive a cash award.
- Email questions to Barbara Jenkins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Authors retain the copyright to their work.
- Winning papers are deposited in the UO digital archive, Scholars' Bank
- See Scholars' Bank copyright policy for more information.
Past Award Winners
The Research Award is funded by the Milton C. and Barbara B. Sparks and Jon and Lisa Stine endowments, as well as gifts from Walter and Gretchen Barger