Undergraduate Research Awards & Scholarships
Submit Your Fall 2019 & Winter 2020 Papers & Projects
The UO Libraries Undergraduate Research Awards reward students who demonstrate high-quality academic work and excellent library research skills.
Awards of $1,000 - $1,500 are given in the two categories:
- Single term papers and projects from a 300 level or above course
- Theses or multi-term papers and projects
- Paper or project was produced in spring 2019, summer 2019, fall 2019, winter 2019, or spring 2020.
- Submissions must have a recommendation submitted online by the course instructor, thesis advisor, or project advisor.
- Currently enrolled University of Oregon undergraduates or recent graduates only.
- Single-term projects must be completed for an upper division (300 - 400 level) UO credit course.
- Theses and multi-term projects must be completed prior to submission and be connected to the UO curriculum.
Access is limited to UO students. Use your DuckID to open the application form.
Attach all documents listed below.
- Final research paper or project - required
- Abstract (100-150 words) - required
- Research Process & Scholarly Growth Essay - required
- Bibliography or References - required
- Acknowledgments Page
Student Application Process
Deadline May 1, 2020 (11:59 pm) - Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Winners are chosen once a year - Spring 2020.
- Applications are reviewed once a year by the Awards Committee composed of UO librarians and faculty.
- Currently enrolled students receive awards as scholarships; recent graduates receive a cash award.
- Email questions to email@example.com
- Authors retain the copyright to their work.
- Winning papers are deposited in the UO digital archive, Scholars' Bank
- See Scholars' Bank copyright policy for more information.
Past Award Winners
The Research Award is funded by the Milton C. and Barbara B. Sparks and Jon and Lisa Stine endowments, as well as gifts from Walter and Gretchen Barger