Universal Design for Learning Workshop: October 18, 2017
Please join us for a workshop on Universal Design for Learning!
Knight Library 41
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Light snacks and refreshment will be provided.
Please bring a laptop/device and a word document (e.g. syllabus, assignment instructions, etc.)
Word Document Demo
Please RSVP to this workshop! (The link is deactivated once the workshop has past)
Engage with UDL principles and learn best practices for making your course documents accessible and inclusive to all - series 1/3 of this academic year.
- Understand Universal Design for Learning and inclusivity concepts
- Create accessible word documents
- Create accessible PDFs from a word document
- Create accessible PDFs from a scanned text (book, articles, etc.)
- Learn how to check accessibility in Word and PDFs
Before the workshop, review one or both of these great resources:
- Please review Anne Gibson's "An Alphabet of Accessibility" article.
- Please take ~11 minutes to watch Portland Community College's "To Care & Comply: Accessibility of Online Course Content".
During the workshop we will have time to dicuss & engage with the content from the article & video.
Workshops offered in Winter and Spring term will dive deeper into UDL principles and teach best practices for creating accessible course content in Canvas, video captioning, and more!
Resources from Workshop