Making Course Documents and Materials Accessible to all Students Workshop: November 13, 2018
Please join us for a workshop on Universal Design for Learning!
Knight Library 41
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Light snacks and refreshment will be provided.
Please bring a laptop/device and a word document (e.g. syllabus, assignment instructions, etc.)
Word Document Demo
Please RSVP to this workshop! (The link is deactivated once the workshop has past)
Engage with Universal Design for Learning principles and learn best practices for making your course documents accessible and inclusive to all.
- Understand Universal Design for Learning and inclusivity concepts
- Create accessible Word documents
- Create accessible PDFs from a Word document
- Create accessible PDFs from a scanned text (book, articles, etc.)
- Learn how to check accessibility in Word and PDFs
Before the workshop, review one or both of these great resources:
- Please review Anne Gibson's "An Alphabet of Accessibility" article.
- Please take ~11 minutes to watch Portland Community College's "To Care & Comply: Accessibility of Online Course Content".
During the workshop we will have time to dicuss & engage with the content from the article & video.