DeArmond MakerSpace Training Workshops
Since our policies require users to complete training before using much of our equipment, we are adding workshops as we gain proficiency with tools and as the space is completed.
- Embroidery machine: Thursday, November 10, 12-1pm
- Oscilloscope and BakerBoards: Tuesday, November 29, 3-4pm and Sunday, December 4, 3-4pm. This is the same workshop, offered twice.
- Origami: Tuesday, November 29, 5-6pm
- Cookie cutters (aluminum): Thursday, December 1, 6-7pm
Workshops are scheduled for an hour unless otherwise noted.
|Saturday||January 14||2pm||Vinyl & Laser Cutter||T|
|Wednesday||January 18||6pm||Bat Detector part 1 of 3||M|
|Saturday||January 21||2pm||Embroidery and Industrial Sewing Machines||T|
|Tuesday||January 24||2pm||CAD Design||T|
|Wednesday||January 25||6pm||Bat Detector part 2 of 3||M|
|Saturday||January 28||2pm||Laser-cut images on wood||M|
|Wednesday||February 1||6pm||Bat Detector part 3 of 3||M|
|Saturday||February 4||2pm||Laser cut/Industrial sewn smartphone sleeve||M|
|Tuesday||February 7||3pm||CAD design||T|
|Saturday||February 11||2pm||Laser Cutter|
*Some workshops are for making a pre-defined object, and some are trainings to learn how to use a particular piece of equipment. These are designated here as T for training, and M for making.
Workshops we will ultimately offer:
- Laser Cutter
- MakerBot Replicator2
- Airwolf 3D printer
- ShapeOko Router
- SewTech Industrial Sewing machine
- Brothers Embroidery Sewing machine and software
- Vinyl Plastic roll cutter for lettering and decals
- Oscilloscope and BakerBoards
- A variety of workshops involving small hand tools or materials.
If you are interested in one of these that's not already on the schedule above, let us know! We can try to prioritize.