Allan Price Science Commons & Research Library
Services and collections:
Books and Journals
The Price Science Commons holds most of the UO Libraries' print monographs related to biology, chemistry, physics, computer science, and environmental studies. The bound journals are no longer stored in the Price Science Commons, but you can still get articles or volumes.
The Visualization lab in the new Price Science Commons can display 48 million pixels, making it the largest high resolution screen of its type in Oregon. This facility will be available to researchers for viewing big data sets, for example, or instructors to show connections and relationships that are difficult to see on a regular screen.
Unusual Objects Collection
The Science Library has a number of objects users can check out for a few hours at a time - chargers, calculators, headphones, and more.
Rooms and study spaces
We have a designated quiet area, and there are also rooms and study spaces that can be reserved in advance. Open rooms can be used for study if they are not reserved.
If you use active learning techniques in your course instruction, the Price Science Commons has two classrooms which may be available. Scheduling the classrooms may be done through the library manager.
Science Information Sources and Research Guides
Helpsheets & Quick Reference
- How to request InterLibrary Loan materials (remember to check UO and Summit catalogs first)
- Printing in the Libraries / Wireless printing setup / Software on library computers
- Finding Science Facts
- A Guide to Browsing the Science Collection (Subject Index to Science LC Classification Numbers)
- Recursos en Español
- How to find USGS Publications
- Location: Price Science Commons
- Campus Mail: 1299 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403
- Street Address: 1344 Franklin Blvd, Eugene, OR 97403
- (541) 346-3075
- Campus map
- An updated floor plan will be available soon.