FIGs and The UO Libraries - 2022/23
Welcome to the FIGs & UO Libraries page! We look forward to working with you and your students. A Subject Specialist Librarian is often matched to the FIG that most closely relates to the discipline of the FIG course or theme. A spreadsheet of librarian contacts is below under "Quick Links."
Please contact Bronwen Maxson with questions, suggestions or concerns.
- Librarian contacts for Fall 2022 FIGs
- First-Year Interest Groups (UO First-Year Programs)
- Library Instruction Services (here you can learn more about Information Literacy and Libraries' Learning Outcomes)
- In Summer 2020, UO Libraries created a suite of video and interactive tutorials
- The UO Libraries maintains a guide on College Success: Skills for Thriving at UO
- The UO Libraries has a student guide to the UO Common Read that is updated each year
- The Getting Started with Research guide embeds automatically to Canvas or we can replace it with more tailored information for your course
- When in doubt, ask a Subject and Area Librarian!
Librarian - Instructor Collaboration
- Increase awareness of the role of the UO Libraries in student academic success
- Give students a foundation for the development of strong IL practices while at UO
- Foster critical thinking and research skills for life beyond UO
- Partner on assignment creation; consult on adding information literacy skills into course assignments
- Sharing resources on college success; sharing our popular reading, DVD, or video game collections for leisure time
- Discussing and sharing archival materials and campus history
- Participate with students in activities like field trips or discussion boards on Canvas (Learn how to add a Librarian to your course on Canvas)
- Individual or small group research consultations
- Previous library-related projects
For more ideas, see the UO Libraries Instruction Services page and our Instruction & Engagement blog.
Planning Checklist for Librarian Involvement in your FIG
We ask that instructors contact Libraries' faculty directly by email. Librarians often have pedagogy and content-related questions that may require a conversation with the instructor. Download the Planning Checklist for Librarian Involvement in your FIG.