Skidmore Computer Classroom
The Portland Library & Learning Commons maintains a computer classroom with 20 iMac computers and one instructor station configured to startup in either Mac OS or Windows 10 operating systems. For equipment details please visit the UO Portland Computer Classroom (Skidmore 374) page. The adjoining workroom (Skidmore 374A) contains two more computers, lounge seating, a collaboration table, whiteboard and access to peripheral equipment. For printing needs, please visit the UO Portland Library & Learning Commons, Output Room or utilize printing resources available in your department.
The classroom space is scheduled by UO Portland Academic Affairs following regular classroom scheduling procedure. Contact your department scheduler or email@example.com for more information.
The computers in the classroom are loaded with the same suite of software provided in the College of Design labs in Eugene, including a wide range of design, productivity, and multimedia applications. Additional software is installed by request to support UO Portland classes and program. The lists of available software can be found in the College of Design Computing webpage on computing labs. Select the button for "White Stag Block 374."
Open Classroom Hours
When not otherwise reserved for classes, events or proctored exams, the Computer Classroom and ajoining workroom are available at all hours for use by UO Portland students and faculty in participating programs. Those departments are: Architecture, Product Design, Historic Preservation, Sports Product Design, Sports Product Management, Strategic Communications, and Multimedia Journalism. Please refer to the weekly schedule posted outside the room and contact UO Portland Event Services at (503) 412-3699 for future dates.
- The Computer Classroom and workroom operate under the UO Acceptable Use of Computing Resources Policy and are directed by Room Policies and Guidelines maintained by UO Libraries.
- Food or drink are permitted in these spaces within reason and using drinks with covered containers. Please report spills and make use of the local spill and cleaning kit.
- Construction of physical architectural models is not permitted in the classroom.
- Users must vacate the classroom or workroom at least fifteen minutes before any scheduled reservation (posted outside the room).
- Unmonitored, multi-hour rendering projects are permitted on the computers with the following conditions:
- Computers must be released before a class reservation
- If multiple computers are being used by a single user, that user must relinquish computers to accommodate their use by other open hours patrons where necessary.
- UO is not responsible for uncompleted renderings.
For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org, call the UO Portland Library & Learning Commons service desk at 503-412-3671, or visit the Output Room on the 5th floor.