Canvas non-course/non-CRN sites
UO's learning management system (LMS), Canvas hosts all academic course sites. Through improved system integration, Canvas also hosts all academic Major sites for improved communication between department advisors/administrators and Major-declared students. In addition, Canvas hosts sites for internal faculty/staff within each department/organization. These sites are automatically created and enrollment is fed by Banner.
- All UO majors and programs (Psychology, History).
- Students are enrolled based on their declaration of major.
- Student enrollment is completed automatically by Banner once a term.
- Department administrators/advisors can be enrolled as "Teachers" by request. Please check with possible current "Teachers" of the site first.
- Sites such as AAA or Human Physiology contain all faculty & staff affiliated with the department
- Faculty & staff are enrolled as students automatically via a Banner identifier feed.
- Administrators can be enrolled as "Teachers". Please check with possible current "Teachers" of the site first.
- Please note, not all units have a departmental/organizational site that is automatically generated by Banner (typically generated by a payroll identifier).
- UO Human Resources hosts a learning management system, MyTrack for faculty and staff employees to colloborate by searching and registering for learning activities, creating customized development plans, and tracking progress.
Manually-created non-CRN sites
- While Canvas is a great platform for communicating with students and hosting coursework content, it is not designed to meet the needs of non-course related Campus groups, organizations, and various entities. Canvas is a learning management system built to focus on assignments, discussions, quizzes, and grades for management of credit courses.
- UO does provide many useful platforms for non-course related actitivies, please refer to the options below or feel free to contact our staff for more information about alternative tools.
- If after considering all the other options available, you would like to still request an exception to develop a non-CRN Canvas site, you may request an exception through the LMS Service Exception Request Form. If an exception is granted, support for non-CRN sites is provided ad-hoc on a staff-availability basis. This means that the estimated 10-20 business day response time for changes and support is not guaranteed, and that all non-CRN work provided by staff is at a lower priority than other Canvas and educational technology support requests. LMS Service Rate & Fee Schedule also applies.
UO has many great platforms and tools to facilitate collaboration and hosting of content. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for finding the best tool for you!