Policies on this page pertain to active members of the University of Oregon Alumni Association, as well as members of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, and participants in selected special programs (e.g. RARE AmeriCorps and Bach Festival participants).
Active members of the UO Alumni Association are eligible for borrowing privileges similar to those enjoyed by UO undergraduate students. To register as a library borrower, bring your UO Alumni Association membership card showing your status as a current (or lifetime) UOAA member. Alumni Association members can access online subscription databases from library workstations, but not remotely.
If you are a member of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) or a participant in a summer program that entitles you to borrow materials from UO Libraries, you will need to present appropriate verification identifying you as a current eligible participant.
- Borrower responsibilities:
- You are responsible for knowing the due date of library material that is checked out to you, and for returning material on time
- All items are subject to recall by other library users at any time, including breaks between terms; if a recall shortens your loan period you will receive an email notification
- Borrowing-related notifications are sent to the e-mail address you provide when registering as a borrower.
- Loan Periods:
- Books: 6 weeks
- AV material: 6 days
- Bound journals: 6 days
- Interlibrary Loan material: Due date determined by the lending library
- Course Reserves and equipment loans: 2 hours to 7 days
- Renewals: Eligible material will renew automatically unless requested by another user
- When maximum loan period has been reached, users will receive a courtesy email notification
- Fees and Overdue Fines:
- Interlibrary Loan fee: $15 per successful request plus any copyright or other charges assessed by the lending library
- Books and ILL material: $.50/day
- AV material: $2/day
- Recalled material: $5/day
- Equipment and other short loans: varies
- If you believe library charges have accrued on your account in error, or you were unable to return items on time due to extenuating circumstances, you may appeal those charges using this form. Submissions will be reviewed by library staff and you can expect a response within one week.