Thomas Intern: Visual Resources Assistant
Paid Thomas Internship Opportunity in UO Libraries!
- Visual Resources Assistant (PDF flyer of announcement)
- Knight Library, Library Communications and Marketing Department and Library Systems Departments
- Starts immediately and continues through Summer 2015
- 10 hours/week, to be arranged
Deadline to Apply:
- April 27, 2015
The Visual Resources Assistant will perform image editing work for Library Communications and Marketing and the Library Systems Departments related to the creation and maintenance of image content for library web pages. In addition, the student will take new photographs for library web pages and edit/manage image content for the library’s Stock Image Collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- On-demand photography
- Post-production image editing
- Process photos for various web formats including 16:9 thumb (480x270), standard dimensions optimized (under 200k)
- Deliver web-optimized photos on request for a given subject
- Maintain a OUI image asset repository (stock images for web authors)
- Assist in creation of icon production
- Update the library’s stock photo collection on Oregon Digital (completing metadata for each image according to the established metadata guide for the collection).
- General image and media asset support for all library online user interfaces
- Excellent working familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using Photoshop for web image optimization
- Experience taking original photographs using a DLSR camera
- Experience using a CMS such as WordPress or Drupal (preferred, but not required)
- Ability to work in a creative, collaborative work environment
- Interest in Web publishing
Preference will be given to:
- Oregon residents
- Students enrolled for at least six credits in an American Library Association-accredited master’s degree program in library or information science/studies anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. (You will be required to provide proof of enrollment if selected.)
- Students enrolled in the UO’s School of Architecture and Allied Arts
Please submit the following documents in Word or PDF format to Ms. Laine Stambaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 27, 2015:
- Cover letter introducing yourself and describing your interest in this assignment
- List of three references who may be contacted if you are a finalist
- Completed Thomas Internship Application Form.
Return to UO Libraries' Internships, Practica, Fieldwork site