1:24,000 GIS Base Data
DRGs, DOQs, and DEMs for the State of Oregon.
The University of Oregon Libraries is no longer making Digital Elevation Models (DEMs), Digital Orthophoto Quadrangles (DOQs), or Digital Raster Graphics (DRGs) available through our website. There are several reliable, freely available online sources for current data.
We recommend you use The National Map Download. It allows you to search and download current and non-current US topographic maps in a GeoPDF format (an updated version of the DRG). It also allows you to download the most recent elevation products and source data, and recent orthorectified aerial photography.
The Oregon Geospatial Enterprise Office’s Geospatial Data Clearinghouse is another recommended source for these data.
- Oregon Explorer Web Services to Stream recent Imagery
- Oregon Imagery Explorer to view and download recent imagery.
- Download Oregon Digital Orthophoto Quads (DOQS) from Oregon Geospatial Enterprise Office (1995 and 2000)
- Oregon 10 meter Digital Elevation Model (DEM) and 10 meter hillshade databases
- Oregon Digital Raster Graphics (DRGs) 1:100,000 1996
- Oregon Digital Raster Graphics (DRGs) 1:24,000 1996
The National Map Viewer allows you to look up the "Ohio Code" now called the "Cell Mapcode" for a specific location. DOQ, DRG, and DEM files are often named after Ohio Code or Mapcode numeric designations.