Downloadable GIS Data
Please keep in mind:
- Data is presented as is: we accept no responsibility for its accuracy.
- When possible, metadata is included.
Local Base Data:
- UO Campus data, Eugene and Lane County data, and Mt. Pisgah Arboretum hiking trails and park boundary data are now made available via the UO licensed data file share (Learning Commons Data Share).
Oregon Base Data (DEMs, DOQs, DRGs)
The University of Oregon Libraries is no longer making Digital Elevation Models (DEMs), Digital Orthophoto Quadrangles (DOQs), or Digital Raster Graphics (DRGs) available through our website. There are several reliable, freely available online sources for current data.
We recommend you use The National Map Download. It allows you to search and download current and non-current US topographic maps in a GeoPDF format (an updated version of the DRG). It also allows you to download the most recent elevation products and source data, and recent orthorectified aerial photography.
The Oregon Geospatial Enterprise Office’s Geospatial Data Clearinghouse is another recommended source for these data.
- Oregon Imagery Explorer to view and download recent imagery.
- Download Oregon Digital Orthophoto Quads (DOQS) from Oregon Geospatial Enterprise Office (1995 and 2000)
- Oregon 10 meter Digital Elevation Model (DEM) and 10 meter hillshade databases
- Oregon Digital Raster Graphics (DRGs) 1:100,000 1996
- Oregon Digital Raster Graphics (DRGs) 1:24,000 1996
- Federal Emergency Management Agency National Flood Insurance Program's Q3 100 & 500 Year Flood Data, September 1998
- Transportation Data is Available through the Oregon Spatial Data Library
For more information about USGS standards and data formats, please see the Map Collection's USGS page