Electronic Web Atlases
- Cancer Mortality Maps & Graphs
- Demographic Data Viewer-Provides rapid data mapping, view and analysis of demographic Data of the United States.
- GIS at the Center for Disease Control
- Oregon Wild Atlas by Oregon Natural Resources Council
- National Atlas of Canada
Interactive Map Servers, IMS
- The David Rumsey Collection - One of the largest private collections of historic maps in the United States with image viewers and GIS overlay capabilities
- Envirofacts Data Warehouse by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Historic nautical charts, U.S. Office of Coast Survey
- U.S. Census Bureau American Factfinder Map Viewer - Interactive maping tools for reference or thematic maps
- The National Map - Map Viewing tool by the USGS
- National Earthquake Hazard Maps - A USGS Map Viewer
- Brazil Maps: Mapas Interativos The Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics - IBGE
- Galveston Bay IMS - Part of USGS Gulf of Mexico Intergrated Science Division
- Arizona Rural Watershed Initiative
- Land Cover/Use Interactive Maps - USGS Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center
Online mapping application by Nokia similar to Google Maps.
- Interactive Map of Kenya - An interactive map along with other resources on Kenya
- Prince Edward Island Interactive Maps
- Transport for London Interactive Map
- National Geographic Map Machine Ineractive maps of the Earth and Mars
- The Tibetan and Himalayan Digital Library - Provides interactive map viewer and virtual tour.
- Global Demographic Data Viewer - Has over 200 socio-economic variables to use.
- Atlas of Vancouver - This is an interactive map of Vancouver based in .pdf format
- Local Harvest - This site allows the user to search using zipcode and state for find a map of local pumpkin patches, farmers markets, family farms, farm co-ops and more.
- University of West Florida Virtual Business Accelerator GIS Tools
- HealthMap brings together disparate data sources to achieve a unified and comprehensive view of the current global state of infectious diseases and their effect on human and animal health.
- OECD eXplorer - Tool for analysing the OECD regional database.
- UNT Libraries Digital Collection - Federal Newsmaps
Scanned Historic Maps
- Alabama Maps includes USGS topographic maps, Alabama state highway maps, and additional older maps from around the world.
- PALMM World Map Collection. 5' USGS topographic maps, fire insurance maps, and more.
- North America
- Charting North America: Maps from the Lawrence H. Slaughter Collection
- North Carolina
- World War II Military Situation Maps, 1944-1945