Instruction and Training Classroom Instruction University of Oregon Libraries
Schedule a Librarian for Your UO Class
- Contact the subject librarian or the Director of Instruction.
- Contact the librarian as early as possible with date & time. An alternative date is useful.
- Let us know your expectations for the library instruction session and your assignment.
- The librarian will work with you to design a customized session for your class.
Session Topic Examples:
- Overview of relevant library resources
- Defining and narrowing a research topic
- Developing effective search strategies
- Finding books
- Finding journal articles & peer review
- Finding high quality nternet resources
- Critical evaluation of resources
- Citing sources & plagiarism
- Copyright and intellectual property
- Special Collections materials
- Specialized resources
GIS, database management, presentation software, etc
Schools & Community Group Instruction