Primary Source Questions
- What is it?
- Who created it?
- Why was it created?
- When was it created?
- What is its original context?
- Who was the intended audience?
- What other information do you need in order to understand this item more fully?
Cinema Studies Articles
Background & Context
- American Film Institute Catalog -- A source for information about all American feature films produced between 1893-1970. Includes production credits, plot summaries, and cross-indexing of themes and genres.
- Encyclopedia of Early Cinema -- Knight Reference PN1993.45 .E53 2005
- The Film Encyclopedia: The Complete Guide to Film and the Film Industry -- Knight Reference PN1993.45 .K34 2008
- Film Index International -- Similar to the AFI Catalog, but with an international scope and coverage of films up to the present day.
- The (International) Motion Picture Almanac (1929-current) | PN 1993.3 .I55 -- An annual compilation of data and information related to the movie industry, including releases for the year, box office receipts, numbers of theaters and screens throughout the United States, studio output, salaries, plot summaries, and much more.