University of Oregon
THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Outdoor Sculpture & Building Ornamentation

Akbar's Garden

Artist: Lee Kelly.
Date: 1984. Donated to UO in 2002.
Location: Straub Quadrangle, across from Student Recreation Center.

Jordan Schnitzer donated this 17-ft. steel sculpture, created in 1984, to UO in 2002 to commemorate the success of The Oregon Campaign, a fundraising effort which raised $255 million from 1992-98. Mr. Schnitzer and his parents, Harold and Arlene, donated the work. It alludes to the garden of a 16th century Indian ruler. The sculpture was dedicated on June 12, 2002.

Bibliography

University of Oregon Libraries
1501 Kincaid Street Eugene, OR
97403-1299
T: (541) 346-3053
F: (541) 346-3485
Make a Gift