Be An Anthropologist
'Be An Anthropologist' Research Guide
Contact Librarian: Miriam Rigby, email@example.com; 346-7202
Finding Background Information:
Looking for Articles ...
- Anthropology Plus - The top anthropology database.
- Sociological Abstracts - The top sociology database
- GeoBase - The top geography database. (Human geography's significant overlaps with Cultural Anthropology Anthropology Plus.)
- Web of Science - An excellent interdisciplinary database (sciences & social sciences).
Citing your sources ...
You should cite everything! Even things that are "free on the internet" need to be attributed to their authors. For Anthropology/Archaeology the commonly used citation method is the AAA Style Guide, which matches the Chicago Manual of Style.
- AAA Style Guide On the linked page, you can download a pdf of simple style rules for citation.
- Chicago Manual of Style in the Knight Library - REF KNIGHT - Z253.U69 2003
- Don't forget to take advantage of the "cite this item" links in the library catalog.