Access to UO Libraries
UO Libraries are open to the University of Oregon students, faculty and staff. Check calendar for open hours at specific locations.
For your safety, we have modified our services and spaces to comply with University of Oregon COVID-19 regulations. These modifications include adjusted hours to accommodate cleaning; modified library spaces and equipment to accommodate six feet of physical distancing; and some services remaining remote until fall 2021 term.
All patrons must adhere to the following policies:
- Face coverings are required to be worn over your nose and mouth at all times throughout the facilities, even when studying/working alone.
- Physical distancing of at least six feet required at all times, regardless of patron relationships.
- No eating inside the facilities to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Patrons should clean tables/equipment before and after each use.
For the latest information, including library hours, please visit:
- UO Libraries website
- UO Libraries & Hours information
- Get Help from UO Libraries
- University of Oregon Coronavirus information
SPRING TERM HOURS (March 29- June 11)
|Knight Library Pickup Window||10:00am-3:00pm||10:00am-3:00pm||Closed|
|Special Collections and University Archives||
Monday & Wednesday, 10:00am–12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:00pm
10:00am–12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:00pm
|Jaqua Law Library||9:00 am-5:00pm||9:00 am-5:00pm||Closed|
|Rippey Library, OIMB||
24/7 card access for OIMB students/staff/faculty
24/7 card access for OIMB students/staff/faculty
- Access to UO Libraries buildings and branches are limited to current UO students, faculty, and staff.
- The UO Libraries are currently closed to the general public, including alumni.
- Library users will be required to have a current, active UO ID for entry. Users will be asked to verify their UO ID through a card reader and/or present their UO ID card to gain building access at all library facilities.
- Knight Library: Access will be through the northeast main entrance with ADA access. (If there are classes on the ground floor, students may access the space using their UO ID near the “Equipment Checkout Desk” entrance. The outside door near Café Verso will remain an emergency exit only.)
- Special Collections and University Archives are available by appointment only.
- Jaqua Law Library available for UO law students and faculty only.
ON-SITE SERVICES AVAILABLE
The services, operations, and spaces that will be offered ON-SITE:
- The Checkout Desk will be operating at each location which will allow book checkout and interlibrary loan pickups. (Physical course reserves will not be available.)
- Computers and scanners will be available at Knight Library, Design Library, Portland Library, and Price Science Commons. They will continue to be first come, first serve.
- Knight Library’s and Design Library’s physical book/journal collection will be available for patrons for browsing. Material paging will continue to be available. The physical book/journal collection in Price Science Commons and Math Library will be paged only and can be delivered to another library location. Find more information on requesting material delivery, here.
- All library spaces will be setup for individual work/study only.
- Study rooms in Knight Library, Portland Library, and Price Science Commons will be for individual use only. Reservations for some study rooms in Knight Library will open during Week 3; reservations for Portland Library and Price Science Commons are available immediately.
- Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room will provide reference services by appointment only.
- Some of the Douglass Room music computers/software have been temporarily placed in Room 139 which will be reservable. Materials found in the Music Collection will be paged for users.
- All open library locations will provide access to equipment such as printers, copiers and scanners, although some equipment will remain offline due to physical distancing protocols.
- Help Desk (computer support on the 1st floor of Knight) will be available Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 8:00pm and Friday 8:00am - 7:00pm.
- The sale of Duck Bucks via vending machine will be available as will the ATM machine and various vending machines in Knight Library.
- Knight Library has numerous tenants such as Café Verso, AEC, Equipment Checkout, Cinema Studies Lab, Cinema Studies Equipment Checkout, Oregon Folklife Network, and UO Online. Tenants might have on-site services but those services are not controlled by the Libraries and inquiries should be directed to the specific units.
- Reference Services (online chat)
- Research and Instruction Services (online consultations and instruction)
- Special Collections and University Archives reference and instruction services
- Digital Scholarship Services
- Data management and statistical consulting services
- Map, Aerial photography & GIS services
- Library exhibits (physical and digital)
- Resource sharing (articles, ebooks)
- Workshops (online)
Currently NOT available for the Summer Term:
Knight Library spaces such as:
- Douglass Room
- Browsing Room
- DREAM Lab
- IDEA Space
- Edmiston Classroom