Graduate Studies Information
Graduate Study Rooms
The Knight Library has 13 Graduate Study Rooms available to currently enrolled graduate students who are engaged in extensive library research while working on their dissertations, theses, or final project assignments. These rooms are not intended as offices or conference space, or as group study rooms. Two keys are assigned to two users per room, meaning each room is a shared space for the duration of most academic terms.
Contact the Checkout/Information Desk (541) 346-3065 for further information.
- Request a graduate study room at the Checkout / Information Desk in Knight Library. If there are none available your name will be placed on a waiting list, and you will be notified when one becomes available.
- Graduate students may be assigned one room for 13 weeks per year.
- Keys to these rooms may not be duplicated or lent to others. Report lost keys immediately to staff at the Checkout Desk in Knight Library.
- The computer jack in the study is activated for ethernet access. For help on getting connected, contact the Help Desk at 346-4412, or http://it.uoregon.edu/help/getconnected/.
- Library materials stored in the study must be checked out. Non-circulating materials (reference items, maps, etc.) may not be locked in the study. Staff may remove library materials that are not checked out. Overdue and recall fines continue to accrue for items stored in graduate studies.
- Walls and windows are to be kept free of any postings, artwork, etc. Staff must be able to see inside the study when closing the building and during emergencies and inspections.
- Please do not move furniture into or out of the study. Report damage to furniture to the Checkout/Information Desk.
- Food/Drink: Please use spill-proof mugs or pull-top bottles. Food should be removed from the room when you leave for the day.
- As a courtesy please maintain an orderly appearance of the study.
- Study rooms are designated as "quiet areas." Please be considerate of neighboring occupants.
- The Library is not responsible for damage to or loss of any personal property left in the study. We recommend that you not leave items of value in the room. Note that we do not re-key rooms after each assignment.
- Please be sure to remove all library materials and personal belongings when you are ready to vacate the study. Any remaining items will be taken to Library Lost and Found, located at the Checkout/Reserve Desk.
- The Library may withdraw the study room assignment if the study is not being used or of there is abuse of these regulations.