The UO Library has trial access to the databases listed below. As part of the evaluation process, we would like to receive comments from library patrons about the usefulness of these databases. Comments can be submitted in the box at the bottom of the page. When you select the link for the database, the database will open in a new window, allowing you to easily return to this window to submit comments.
To access these trial databases from off-campus, you must log into the UO VPN Client software
Below are the trial databases currently available, listed in alphabetical order:
Oxford University Press is pleased to offer Encyclopedia of Social Work, the first continuously updated online collaboration between the National Association of Social Workers (NASW Press) and Oxford University Press (OUP).
Building off the classic reference work, a valuable tool for social workers for over 85 years, the online resource of the same name offers the reliability of print with the accessibility of a digital platform. Over 400 overview articles, on key topics ranging from international issues to ethical standards, offer students, scholars, and practitioners a trusted foundation for a lifetime of work and research, with new articles and revisions to existing articles added regularly.
Key Features Include:
- 700+ articles edited with precision by a 13-member editorial board and Editor in Chief offering overviews of every facet of social work policy and practice
- Over 200 succinct biographies of key figures in social work history
- Trusted, scholarly content infused with practical advice for social workers in the field
- Article versioning ensures users see the most up-to-date entries, with links back to the first published version
- Supplementary pages offer links to related social work resources, research to practice tips, and more
- Clearly displayed references and further reading suggestions at the bottom of each article link users directly to the cited work, facilitating a seamless research journey
- Articles signed by the author that include an institutional affiliation or a short biography, providing users additional reassurance that each and every article is vetted by an expert
- Username: orbis-trial
- Password: orbis-trial
Expires August 10, 2015
Submit comment about this database here.