Fostering Student Success Workshop - 02/16/2018
Leveraging Canvas Analytics for face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses
Knight Library 41
Friday, February 16, 2018
2:00pm - 3:30pm
Light snacks and refreshment will be provided.
When using a learning management system like Canvas there is information about students’ progress, successes and challenges. In a very hands on workshop, join us for a deep dive into the analytics for one of your courses, and better understand how to identify the challenges and successes for individual students, the class, and the effectiveness of your course and assignment design. Faculty are often asking “where can I find this information”? This workshop will introduce faculty to where to find information about their students and courses, and how to think about that information.
- Understand role of Learning analytics in student success and retention
- Learn how to access Canvas analytics
- Understand what the date in Canvas analytics is saying
- Learn how to use data to inform students
- Apply concepts to a Winter term course