Ed Tech Studio
The self-service studio, located in Knight Library room 33 is a soundproof room designed for instructors to create videos, podcasts, and host synchronous virtual sessions for their online and face-to-face courses. The studio includes video equipment and software to create, edit, and integrate videos into your course. Additionally, with the help of our instructional designers and ed tech specialists, we can provide the technological and pedagogical expertise for creating engaging materials and integrating them into your course.
- Record & edit videos
- Caption videos
- Create a podcast (single tracks only )
- Host an online course conference or virtual office hours
- Digitize fair-use VHS or DVDs for course use
Hours & Availability
- The Ed Tech Studio is available from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
How do I reserve the space?
What should I bring with me?
- USB or external hard drive for storage; at least 4GB of available space is recommended
- Course materials
- PowerPoint presentation
- Presentation notes, outline, or a script
How to get help/reserve time with an instructional designer?
- We highly recommend reserving time with one the UO Online instructional designers to help orient you with the studio, best practices, and specific help on creating and editing videos.
- Make an appointment with an instructional designer by calling 541-346-1942, or opening a ticket through the Canvas Support service portal (links to an external site). The UO Online instructional designers will coordinate with you to reserve the studio and help accomplish your teaching goals.