The UO Libraries Center for Media and Educational Technologies (CMET) lends equipment and provides services to UO faculty, staff and students for purposes directly related to University of Oregon courses. There is no charge to borrow equipment for these purposes. CMET does not provide equipment for non-instructional use. "Non-instructional" is defined as events that are not CRN classes, or are not directly related to a CRN class.
Non-instructional or non-course related equipment may be available from UO Scheduling & Event Services (541-346-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org), for on-campus events. However, that equipment is not available for check-out, but is delivered, operated and managed by the Scheduling and Event Services staff.
Equipment may be reserved for CRN-related activities.
Requests for reservations must be recieved prior to 2:00pm the business day before.
Please use the Equipment Reservation Request Form
Most items have a 24-hour checkout timeframe, except for weekends.
Items checked out on a Friday will be due back on the following Monday.
CMET equipment may be checked out by UO faculty, staff, and students at the CMET front desk.
- Equipment may be renewed if the item is not reserved. Renewals can only be completed in-person at the CMET front desk.
- Reservations for items not picked up within one hour of the scheduled pick-up time are subject to cancellation.
- No one may use another person's I.D. or library card to check out materials.
- It is the responsibility of the borrower to note the time or date that the material is due.
- Borrowers are responsible for the security and prompt return of material and equipment checked out in their names.
- Overdue fines are charged to encourage prompt returns and to ensure access to the collections for other borrowers.
- Overdue fines are charged per item.
- Late fines for most equipment are: $0.75 per hour.
- Any borrower who fails to return library material in a timely manner or returns it in damaged condition will be charged lost item fees or repair charges, any accrued fines, plus a $15.00 service charge per item. Patrons may also be billed rental charges above and beyond the overdue charges for materials not returned by the due time given at check-out.