Accessibility & Universal Design for Online Course Content
When designing an online course one should take into consideration how to make the course content accessibile for all students. While understanding the federal laws related to accessibility might seem daunting, Educational Technology at UO Libraries provides step-by-step guides for several different authoring tools including MS Word and PDF documents, MS PowerPoint, media files (audio & video) and images.
Creating Accessible Documents:
More tutorials coming soon!
- Review Anne Gibson's "An Alphabet of Accessibility" article.
- Watch Portland Community College's "To Care & Comply: Accessible of Online Course Content" ~ 11 minutes
- Is My Document Accessible? (Credit: Center for Faculty Development (CFD) at San Jose State University)
- Accessibility MOOC Excerpts for Discussion
- Review the Workshops schedule for upcoming trainings!
- View content covered from October 18, 2017 Workshop
For more help...
For more help or information with making your Canvas site accessible or or with universal design please contact CMT at UO Libraries at 61924 or check us out online at https://library.uoregon.edu/cmet/educational-technology-canvas-support.