Important News for iClicker users!
If you have not updated to iClicker Classic version 7 please read. Version 6 of iClicker will no longer be supported by iClicker after December 31, 2018. Please update to v7.20 soon.
Winter 2019 iClicker Update!
- iClicker v7.20 is now available! Please update iClicker for Winter 2019. The information below can walk users through the download and installation process on the Mac or PC.
NOTE: There are special instructions for Mac users. This new version has the following features and fixes:
- New this version - When session data is synced with Canvas, the Session name and date are both in the assignment name in Canvas!
- This new version will provide faster upload times when syncing grades to Canvas, bug fixes and more.
- Check out our new documentation
- CMET's Educational Technology & Canvas Support Staff now have a USB drive to simplify the iClicker install/upgrade process. Stop and see them in Rm 19, Knight Library
*Mac users will need to follow special instructions to download and install iClicker software on the Mac. Those instructions are included in the "Downloads" section below. Should you have an issue with your iClicker software please contact the Educational Technology/Canvas Support Office – (541) 346-1942.
What are iClickers?
iClickers are a classroom response system. They are used by instructors in any size class to do polling on questions about course content, quiz students on concepts, and more. Students purchase their iClicker from the Duck Store, or a friend who is no longer using their iClicker. Note: clickers cannot be shared by students during the same term. Also, iClicker, from Macmillan, offers a classroom response system called Reef Polling, where students use their own devices to respond in class. Reef Polling, now iClicker Cloud, is not supported at the University of Oregon, as we do not have a license with Macmillan for iClicker Cloud.
How to get started with iClickers?
Make an appointment or stop in at the Educational Technology & Canvas Support Office, and one of our consultants will help with installing software on your laptop, and go through set-up of the software. Also, you will learn how to manage the responses and add them to Canvas. Educational Technology & Canvas Support will provide you with the clickers and base station to get you started. Remember to sign up for the iClicker mail list. No spam, only emails when versions are updated.
Instructions for setting up and using iClicker:
- Canvas_iClicker_Instructor_Guide (PDF – 01/06/2017)
- Canvas_iClicker_Student_Guide (Link to Canvas Training Module)
NEW - iClicker Quick Guides
New one-page guides for iClicker set-up, grading, and new features!
- Getting Started with iClicker (PDF - 11/30/2018)
- Class Polling with iClicker (PDF - 11/30/2018)
- Grading iClicker Results (PDF - 11/30/2018)
- iClicker Self-paced Polling (PDF - 11/30/2018)
- Using Demographis with iClicker Polling (PDF - 11/30/2018)
Instructions for updating iClicker software:
- Updating iClicker Instructions (PDF. Instructions for updating to the current version of iClicker – updated 03/16/2017
Check out this iClicker Demographics Infographic! You can download it as an 8 1/2 by 11 in. .pdf by clicking on the infographic.
(please unzip files after downloading) See note above regarding installing iclicker updates.
- iClicker_7.20.0_Windows (ZIP file – Contains all necessary software for PC)
Special instructions for the Mac:
Watch this video to learn the new installation process for the Mac or follow these instructions:
- Installing iClicker for the Mac
- Download iClicker Classic v7.20 software for the Mac. It must be download directly from the iClicker website: Go to: https://www.iclicker.com/downloads/iclicker-classic
- Double-click the .dmg file to mount it (it will appear like a removable USB drive on your Mac)
- Create a new folder on your Mac entitled “iClicker 7” (or similar)
- Next, copy/paste the iClicker.app file from within the .dmg disk image into this new folder
- Double-click on iClicker.app to run the iClicker application from this new folder. This will create the supporting files and folders
- Finally, to configure the software for UO and have it integrate with Canvas, you will need to download the LMS_Wizard.xml file.
- Click on the LMS Wizard file link above to download the zip file to your Downloads Folder
- Next double-click on the zip file in your Downloads Folder in Finder (If downloads go to a different folder on you Mac, go there to double-click)
- The LMS Wizard file can then be copied from the Downloads Folder to the “Resources” folder in the new iClicker folder you created
- iClicker is now ready to connect to UO's Canvas instance
iClicker Mailing List
- The iClicker mailing list is only used to distribute important updates about changes and issues regarding iClicker at UO.
- To register for the iClicker mailing list, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org (leaving the body of the message and the subject line blank) or by clicking here and completing the registration form.