The UO Canvas learning management system is provided and supported by the UO Libraries' Center for Media and Educational Technology.
June 24th Canvas launched an integrated document viewer to replace the Crocodoc tool for marking up papers in SpeedGrader. This new tool is intuitive and very user friendly.
June 23rd a new integration of VeriCite in Canvas was launched. The change is the user interface when viewing the Originality Reports. They have added several new features on the report. Watch for documentation the week of July 3rd.
Using a Content Page for the home page in Canvas now displays announcements, as does the Course Activity Stream. To set this up, go to Settings>More Options (at the bottom of the page) and put a check in the "Show recent announcements on Course home page." The number of announcements shown can be set to 1 up to 15.
Trainings scheduled for Week 0 of Fall 2017 include:
- Getting Started with Canvas
- The New VeriCite
- iClicker Classic - New Name, New Version!
- Big Classes? - Effective Use of Canvas in Multi-section Lecture Courses
For more information and to register visit Fall 2017 Trainings.
- Canvas Home - start here to log into the Canvas System
- Canvas Help
- For faculty and teaching GE training in the use of Canvas, please contact UO Libraries CMET in Knight Library Room 19, 541-346-1942, make an appointment, or email us at LMSemail@example.com
- Need help? Need to report a bug? File a problem report using our trouble ticketing system!
- Schedule an office visit; we can come to you, you can visit us or we can provide a virtual appointment (online).
- Canvas FAQ's
- Canvas Student FAQ's
- Canvas Instructor FAQ's
- Instructor Online Workshop - Are you new to Canvas? Check out the Instructor Online Workshop.
Please fill out the course merge form for the specific term below, we recommend requesting course merges as early as possible. Please note the deadlines below.
- Fall / Fall Law 2017 course merge request form. Law Fall 2017 merge requests are due before 2:00pm on August 25h. Regular Fall 2017 merge requests are due before 2:00pm on September 29th.
On April 7, 2017 Educational Technology and Canvas Support hosted a session on Creative and Effective Uses of i>clickers. Our presenter was Mike Urbancic, Instructor & Co-Director of Undergraduate Studies, Department of Economics. Also joining us was Tricia Salata our i>clickers representative.
The focus of the session was to present new and engaging ideas on many creative ways clickers can be used and how they can be used in any size course.
Mike's presentation (.pdf slides) are available for viewing online: Mike Urbancic's i>clicker Presentation
The Canvas course management system has been used at the UO since 2015. Many UO courses are using it to provide online course materials. Uses range from providing the syllabus, to course readings, to grade information, to online class discussion and homework submission, to in several cases a fully online class. Prior to Canvas, the UO Libraries provided Blackboard access and support from 1999-2015.