The UO Canvas learning management system is provided and supported by the UO Libraries' Center for Media and Educational Technology.
What's New in Canvas? - Check out new or updated features & tools.
Add a user to your Canvas course - Enroll a GE or course builder!
Course Merge Request - Combine 2 or more Canvas course sections.
Canvas Support - Call, visit, email, or make an appointment!
Canvas News - Information on upcoming or past events.
Modules in a course site can now be copied! There is one exception. If a module contains a Canvas quiz, it can't be copied. The workaround is to remove the quiz from the module (don't delete the quiz), copy the module, then add the quiz back to the module. To copy the module, open the Settings menu, loaced to the far right of the Module name. Select Duplicate. If Duplicate is not an option, there is most likely a quiz in the module. The new module will appear directly below the copied module, items will be unpublished, and have the word Copy added to the end of the module name.
SpeedGrader has been optimized for performance in large classes!! If you use SpeedGrader in classes with over 50 students and experienced slow load times, it should be much faster.
Please use the Problem Report Form to request people be added to a Canvas course site.
When completing the Problem Report Form, please provide the purpose for adding the person to your course site in the "How can we help you?" section of the form. Select "Yes" in the "Add People" section and provide the following information:
- Role the users should be added as (GTF/GE, course builder, grader, or evaluator (see UO Canvas Roles & Permissions)
- DuckID (UO email) of users to enroll
Please Note: "Add People" requests are generally completed within 24 to 48 business hours. However during week 1 or 2 of a term, requests may take longer to complete due to the volume of requests. We thank you in advance for your patience.
Please fill out the course merge form for the specific term below, we recommend requesting course merges as early as possible. Please note the deadlines below.
- Law School's Fall 2018 course merge request form is due before 2:00pm Friday, August 31, 2018.
- Fall 2018 course merge request form is due before 2:00pm Friday, September 28, 2018.
Please feel free to start working in one of your courses while you wait for the merge, in the form there is an opportunity to let us know which CRN you will be working on so we can save that content during the merge process.
- Canvas Home - start here to log into the Canvas System
- Canvas Help
- For faculty and teaching GE training in the use of Canvas, please contact UO Libraries CMET in Knight Library Room 19, 541-346-1942, make an appointment, or email us at LMSemail@example.com
- Need help? Need to report a bug? File a problem report using our trouble ticketing system!
- Schedule an office visit; we can come to you, you can visit us or we can provide a virtual appointment (online).
- Canvas FAQ's
- Canvas Student FAQ's
- Canvas Instructor FAQ's
- Instructor Online Workshop - Are you new to Canvas? Check out the Instructor Online Workshop.
Creative and Effective Uses of i>clickers
On April 7, 2017 Educational Technology and Canvas Support hosted a session on Creative and Effective Uses of i>clickers. Our presenter was Mike Urbancic, Instructor & Co-Director of Undergraduate Studies, Department of Economics. Also joining us was Tricia Salata our i>clickers representative.
The focus of the session was to present new and engaging ideas on many creative ways clickers can be used and how they can be used in any size course.
Mike's presentation (.pdf slides) are available for viewing online: Mike Urbancic's i>clicker Presentation
The Canvas course management system has been used at the UO since 2015. Many UO courses are using it to provide online course materials. Uses range from providing the syllabus, to course readings, to grade information, to online class discussion and homework submission, to in several cases a fully online class. Prior to Canvas, the UO Libraries provided Blackboard access and support from 1999-2015.