The UO Canvas learning management system is provided and supported by the UO Libraries' Center for Media and Educational Technology.
What's New in Canvas? - Check out new or updated features & tools.
Add a user to your Canvas course - Enroll a GE or course builder!
Course Merge Request - Combine 2 or more Canvas course sections.
Canvas Support - Call, visit, email, or make an appointment!
Canvas Tip 2 - Streamline Your Course Navigation
Hiding or removing sections from students in the Course Navigation menu can help to streamline your course and keep students focused on specific content in your course that is linked through a Page or Module. Learn how to change the Course Navigation menu.
Canvas Tips Archive
- Tip 1 - Start of Term Checklist: a guide for the completion of your Canvas Course site before the start of each term
Canvas Update - January 5, 2019
The Canvas Update on December 8, 2018 brought us the new feature that allows users to reorder Course Cards on the Dashboard in Canvas using the Drag 'n Drop technique to relocated the course cards. The January 5, 2019 update has two changes of note: an updated and user friendly interface in the Course Link Validator Tool and some wording changes on the Course Details page related to Start and End dates. The wording changes to the Course Details page related to Start and End dates is cosmetic only. Documentation regarding the Cousre Link Validator is available here: Course LInk Validator Documentation.
The next Canvas update is scheduled for January 26, 2019.
Please fill out the course merge form for the specific term below, we recommend requesting course merges as early as possible. Please note the deadlines below.
- Winter 2019 course merge request form is due before 2:00pm Friday, January 18, 2019.
- Law Spring 2019 course merge request form is due before 2:00pm Friday, January 25, 2019.
Please feel free to start working in one of your courses while you wait for the merge, in the form there is an opportunity to let us know which CRN you will be working on so we can save that content during the merge process.
Please use the Canvas Help Request Form to request people be added to a Canvas course site.
When completing the Canvas Help Request Form please provide the purpose for adding the person to your course site in the "How can we help you?" section of the form. Select "Yes" in the "Add People" section and provide the following information:
- Role the users should be added as (GTF/GE, course builder, grader, or evaluator (see UO Canvas Roles & Permissions)
- DuckID (UO email) of users to enroll
Please Note: "Add People" requests are generally completed within 24 to 48 business hours. However during week 1 or 2 of a term, requests may take longer to complete due to the volume of requests. We thank you in advance for your patience.
- Canvas Home - start here to log into the Canvas System
- Canvas Help
- For faculty and teaching GE training in the use of Canvas, please contact UO Libraries CMET in Knight Library Room 19, 541-346-1942, make an appointment, or email us at LMSfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Need help? Need to report a bug? File a problem report using our trouble ticketing system!
- Schedule an office visit; we can come to you, you can visit us or we can provide a virtual appointment (online).
- Canvas FAQ's
- Canvas Student FAQ's
- Canvas Instructor FAQ's
- Instructor Online Workshop - Are you new to Canvas? Check out the Instructor Online Workshop.
The Canvas course management system has been used at the UO since 2015. Many UO courses are using it to provide online course materials. Uses range from providing the syllabus, to course readings, to grade information, to online class discussion and homework submission, to in several cases a fully online class. Prior to Canvas, the UO Libraries provided Blackboard access and support from 1999-2015.