UO Libraries' Evaluation and Assessment Program
Evaluation, Assessment, and User Experience (EAUX) Team Members:
Susan Breakenridge (sponsor)
Cathy Flynn Purvis
Mary Galvin (co-leader)
Holli Kubly (co-leader)
Library Information and Statistics:
- Library Quick Facts
- Statistical Abstract for Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- 2013 UO Libraries Year in Review
- Statiistical Abstract for Fiscal Year 2012-2013
- Statistical Abstract for Fiscal Year 2011-2012
- Statistical Abstract for Fiscal Year 2010-2011
- University of Oregon Libraries Annual Report, 2010-2011
- University of Oregon Libraries Annual Report, 2009-2010
- University of Oregon Libraries Annual Report, 2008-2009
- University of Oregon Libraries Annual Report, 2007-2008
- University of Oregon Libraries Annual Report, 2006-2007
LibQual+: Every 4-5 years the University of Oregon Libraries participates in LibQual+, a national service quality survey sponsored by the Association of Research Libraries. The survey measures user satisfaction along three dimensions: library as place, affect of service, and information control. We last administered the survey in spring 2014. A summary of the results are linked here. Full access to the survey data is available upon request: email@example.com.
GRAD Connect: In January and February 2013 the Assessment Team conducted focus groups with graduate students to better understand their needs for support in their roles as students, teachers and researchers. Here is the Executive Summary report.
We regularly undertake observational surveys to better understand building use. The purpose of several studies has been to to observe preferences in types of study spaces and optimize the use of individual and group study rooms in the Knight Library. We also looked at building occupancy during overnight hours to inform the decision-making for extending hours to 24/5 or 24/7.
The Assessment Team supports library units and decision makers with help in survey design, focus groups, and identifying appropriate metrics.
- ACRL Value of Academic Libraries Report
- Library Assessment Info blog
- ARL Statistics and Assessment Program
For additional information, contact:
Assistant Dean, Library Administrative Services