THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Outdoor Sculpture & Building Ornamentation
Seal, University of Oregon
Location: North of Erb Memorial Union amphitheater
The UO Seal, gift of the class of 1912, was moved from its location at Villard Hall to the northwest corner of the Erb Memorial Union. It was rededicated at the new location by the Class of 1912 on June 10, 1950.
Left: Plaque, Villard Hall, north entrance
Left: Roy Fultz installs UO seal at EMU, June 1950. (Old Oregon, June 1950)
- "Our Oregon seal. Given by class 1912. Never walked upon." Daily Emerald 21 Oct. 1916: 4.
- "Classes hold reunions ." Old Oregon, June 1950. Web. Scholars Bank.
- "Old to new; seal to the SU." Daily Emerald 3 Nov. 1950: 2.