THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
UO's Architectural Timelines:
Head, Museum of Art
Unless otherwise noted, the date indicates when the building opened. Follow the link to learn more about the history of a building or architect.
- Collier House barn (Barn Hall) is razed.
- Museum of Art construction ends. Architect: Lawrence, Holford, Allyn, and Bean.
- Museum of Art opens.
- Pioneer Mother. Sculptor: Alexander Phineas Proctor.
- UO Campus Plan. Architect: Lawrence, Holford, Allyn, and Bean
- Campus Planning: The Public Works Administration.
The PWA and its related art programs funded UO's building program from the mid-1930s to the end of the decade.
- Clarence B. Valentine becomes 6th UO president.
- See the campus in 1934, in this documentary film, Jesse G Sill Presents: Know Your Pacific Coast Colleges: - Number 1 - University of Oregon at Eugene, Oregon
- Drill Hall is destroyed to make room for the new Infirmary. Construction begins on the Library and Infirmary.
- Hayward Field West Grandstand Expansion and Alteration. Architect: Lawrence & Holford.
Razed in 1973 and replaced with current structure.
- Bas Relief (1936) by Louise G. Utter is placed over south entrance of Journalism Building.
- The Library (Fenton Hall) Renovation. Architect: Lawrence, Holford, Allyn.
- Physical Education Building (Esslinger Hall). Architect: Lawrence, Holford, Allyn.
- Infirmary (now Volcanology). Architect: Lawrence, Holford, Allyn.
- Landscape: Eight Pyramidal English oaks were planted nearby the Library and Art Museum.
- Chapman Hall. Architect: Lawrence, Holford, Allyn