THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Mary Spiller House
Built in 1908 to provide housing for approximately 20 women, this building was named for Mary Boise Spiller, the first woman member of the UO faculty. Spiller taught English and Elocution and was head of the Preparatory School which was initially located in Deady Hall. Spiller House was located between Collier House and Hendricks Hall. It became an annex to Hendricks Hall and served various functions until it was razed in 1951/52. The architect of Mary Spiller House was Yousa D. Hensill, who also designed the Library (later named Fenton Hall) and the Eugene Public Library.
Page author: Edward H. Teague.