THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Architect: Wilmsen, Endicott & Unthank
Location: 650 East 11th Avenue. Google Maps location.
Date: 1964 Photo:
Marion Dean Ross, 1988, Oregon Digital
Originally named Marian Hall, this dormitory was built by Sacred Heart Hospital to house nursing students. It was acquired by Northwest Christian University (NCU) in 1971 and in 1987 the University of Oregon bought the building from NCU. At the request of students, Marian Hall was renamed in 1989 after World War II veteran Harold "Pat" Riley, Jr., who died in France in 1944.
"Dorm to be named for WWII casualty," Eugene Register-Guard, May 19, 1989. Google News Archive.
"Anniversary fete touching [Northwest Christian College]," Eugene Register-Guard, June 12, 1971.
Page author: Edward H. Teague