ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Millrace Studio 1, 2, and 3
1331, 1335, 1301 Franklin Blvd.
The Millrace Studios were constructed to accommodate a growing student population. When the buildings opened in 1969, their first occupants were graduate students in painting who had been using the old Veterans Dormitory complex as temporary studio space. The total cost for the project, which provided about 16,400 square feet, was $283,000. The architectural firm of Campbell, Michael and Yost (Portland) designed the three buildings which consist of wood pillar and beam construction with plywood paneling.
"Fine Arts Buildings Nearly Ready." Register Guard, 14 February 1969.
Page author/photo: Ed Teague