THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Heart of Campus
Landscape Architect: Stan Jones, UO Landscape Architecture students. Construction: Wildish Co., Landscape Architecture students. .Landscape Architect (street improvements): Cameron McCarthy Gilbert Schiebe. Project Planner: Dorene Steggell. Project Manager: Janet Lobue.
The redesign of 13th Ave. and University St. is a legacy of the commemoration of UO's 125th Anniversary. Sales of bricks and paving blocks bearing donors' names are part of the design initiative. Improvements include the replacement of the existing bus shelter, the installation of traffic roundabouts, and the creation of pedestrian friendly spaces.
- Heart of Campus, Projects Archives, UO Planning Office.
Newspaper Articles (arranged by date)
- "Making a Brick for It." Oregon Daily Emerald [online edition]. 21 Sept. 2004.
- "Campus Projects Should Preserve Aesthetic Legacy." Oregon Daily Emerald [online edition]. 10 Aug. 2004.
- "Builders Unearth Remnants of Historic Trolley System," Oregon Daily Emerald [online edition]. 5 Aug. 2004.
- "Intersection Improvement." Oregon Daily Emerald [online edition]. 5 Aug. 2004.
- "Students Help Take on Heart of Campus Redesign." Photo of Model: Lauren Wimer. Oregon Daily Emerald [online edition].3 June 2004.
Page author: Edward H. Teague