THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
Campus Plan (1897)
Among the earliest published campus maps is this one that appears in the 1897 University of Oregon Catalog. The UO catalogs of courses can be found in the Special Collections & University Archives of the UO Libraries; some are digitized and can be found in Scholars Bank. The buildings represented on this map that still exist are Deady Hall and Villard Hall, the Dormitory (Friendly Hall), and the Library and President's House (Collier House). Collier House had been acquired by the university in 1896. The observatory identified in the map was the barn of Collier House.
Page author: Edward H. Teague