THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
CHERYL RAMBERG FORD AND ALLYN FORD ALUMNI CENTER
1720 East 13th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
Architect of Record, Interior architect: Opsis Architecture
Building architect and exterior: TVA
Scale: four stories; 60,000 sf.
In 2006, a user group, comprised of representatives from the Alumni Association, UO Foundation and Office of Development, formed to begin working on designs for an alumni center for the university. In May 2011, the Cheryl Ramberg Ford and Allyn Ford Alumni Center opened. In addition to its function as home of the UO Alumni Association, the Ford Alumni Center is a gateway to the university. Its tenants also include the University Office of Development, the University Foundation, and student orientation programs. The ground floor serves as a starting point for campus visitors and prospective students and includes interactive multi-media displays that inform about the university's history. Other spaces include an atrium, conference rooms, lounges, and flexible meetings spaces. Concurrently constructed with the Matthew Knight Arena, which reflects its exterior design, the alumni center rests above a large underground parking facility. The alumni center is registered for LEED Gold certification and is the winner of an International Interior Design Association Honor Award.
Page author: Edward H. Teague, firstname.lastname@example.org
Research: Jeffrey A. Toreson, Thomas Intern